Hampta Pass- A Manali’s Delightful Trek
Manali is the small town of Himachal Pradesh located in Kullu Valley and settled near Vyas River. This is the most popular travel destination experienced by many tourists from India as well as from outside of the country also. As it is the part fo Kullu Valley so it is surrounded by lush green Deodar forest, snow-clad peaks and nearby there are valleys which makes it serene. One of the hot spots near Manali is Solang Valley which is now a popular adventure destination there you can experience Paragliding, Rock Climbing, ATV riding, Horse Riding & many more.
There are various trek routes that commence from Manali. All the treks are picturesque and full of adventure. The feel of thrill remains from start to end. There is one of the most popular treks is Hampta Pass. Each year numerous trekkers attempt this route to quench their adventure thirst. This a small passage between the Lahaul Chandra Valley and Kullu Valley. During the trekking on Hampta Pass, you will pass through the Chika, Balu ka Ghera, Siagoru, Chatru, and Chandratal. All these places are blessed by mother nature in terms of flora and fauna. The trek route is like a funnel shape surrounded by the valleys. Trekkers experience various kinds of plants and vegetation that they have never experienced before. Sundarbans Mangrove Forest in Bangladesh is also a good place to visit.
How To Reach
As Manali is the hotshot travel destination, it is well connected by Delhi and Chandigarh. From both places there are various kinds of transportation modes are available. The distance between Manali to Chandigarh is 305 km and Manali to Delhi is 540 km. The average time to reach at the Manali by road is 10-12 hrs from Both destinations. There are government and private buses are there from both to reach the Manali. You can also hire a private tourist cab.
The nearest railway station is Chandigarh. The Chandigarh is well connected with all major train routes throughout India. So as you reach there you can board on the bus or hire a tourist cab, tempo traveler if in a group.
Bhuntar Airport is the nearest one. This the major airport of the Kullu Manali region and located in Kullu Valley. Distance from Bhuntar Airport to Manali is 48km so it will hardly take 2 hrs to reach the Manali. Outside the airport, you will find buses and taxis.
Day1: Arrival at Manali
Day2: Manali- Jobra- Chika-Balu ka Ghera
Day3: Balu ka Ghera- Siagoru
Day4: Siagoru- Chatru
Day5: Chatru- Chandratal
Day6: Chatru- Manali
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Hampta Pass is from the month of June to the month of October. The climatic conditions and weather remain suitable at this time where you will enjoy the sceneries throughout the way. In other months climatic conditions remain unpredictable which are not suitable for trekking.
Things to Carry
- Water Bottle With Filter
- Good Quality Thermo Flask
- Dry Fruits
- Dry Snacks
- Quality Woolen Clothes
- Woolen Socks
- Woolen or Waterproof Gloves
- Fine Quality Trekking Shoes
- Trekking Poles
- Trekking Bag
- Sleeping Bag
- Permit/License for Trekking
- Solar Charger
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Extra Batteries for Camera
- Lip Balm
- Body Lotion
- Led Flashlights
- Identity Cards issued by the Government of India
- First Aid Kit
- General Medicine Kit
- Personal Toiletries
- Small Garbage Collection Bags
- Do not litter
- Obtain all the permits before the commencement of the Trekking.
- Do not involve in any activity which is against the Forest Law of India.
- Try to avoid plastic as much as possible. In case you have used proper disposal of it.
- Try to avoid tough arguments with your teammates. If you have any issues then report back to your team leader.
- If you face any issue then tell your team leader immediately
- Try to avoid activities that harm nature.
- Do not use any kind of toxic chemicals like drugs during the trip it may lead you in serious difficulty. As it is an offense so there will be legal action against the person if find with such kind of material
- Carrying weapons is strictly prohibited.
- Upon asking you have to show your id-proof authority.
- Do not make fun of any religious belief.
- Stick with the group and follow the instructions of the group leader.
This is all about Hampta Pass Trek. Mother nature blessed us by precious gifts but we the human just for the name of development are harming. It is just like a sin that we are doing because of each activity that harms nature in any means. If we will not care about this then it may be possible that our successors will pay this. So it is our responsibility to save the ecosystem and make this planet better for living. So- “Stay Blessed, Keep Trekking”